Do you want a teambuilding event that is unique, memorable and a real talking point? If so, book Sweet Mandarin for a cultural culinary teambuilding event that will break the ice, stimulate discussion and encourage positive networking.
We are passionate about people, food and business and have worked with corporate clients such as PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Addleshaw Goddard, The Co-operative Bank, the NHS and numerous primary and secondary schools for the past five years and offer bespoke teambuilding events that can include any of the following activities:
CORE TEAMBUILDING ACTIVITIES - Each programme lasts for 3hours. Choose one from the below:
- A: Dim sum masterclasses (make a variety of dim sum)
- B: Cooking challenges (the group is split into groups – each responsible for designing, creating, purchasing ingredients and cooking their starter/main/dessert)
- C: Food and business etiquette in China (food tasting provided)
- D: Doing Business in China seminar
- E: Speed Networking
- F: Science + Food = Cooking
BOLT ON OPTIONS – Each programme lasts for 1 hour. Choose as many options from the below to add to your core programme:
- G: Food Walks (find the perfect wok, understand how to use those wierd and wonderful ingredients you see at the Chinese supermarket)
- H: Fruit origami masterclasses (create fruit carvings that will impress your colleagues and family)
- I: Tea ceremony events (very important Chinese cultural ceremony – especially for doing business in China)
- J: Calligraphy and Learn to write your name in Chinese (the art of Chinese calligraphy is a creative option with personalised learning)
The team building event is wrapped up with a food masterclass held by Chef Lisa who explains how to balance the yin and yang of the ingredients used during the day.
How to Book
1. Choose a date (Monday – Friday, and we can hold the corporate team building event between the hours of 9.30am – 4pm)
2. Choose a programme (core programme) and if desired a bolt on option.
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, budget and to check availability.
4. Pay in advance (at least a fortnight in advance). Cheques should be made payable to ‘Lisa Tse’ and sent to Sweet Mandarin, 19 Copperas Street, Manchester, M4 1HS.
5. Terms and conditions – once the date is booked and payment is made, the payment is non-refundable and non transferrable – please refer to the cancellation policy below.
We can cater for groups between 8 to 50 people (a minimum of 8 people is required to run a corporate team building event).
Should you need to cancel your booking, please inform us as soon as possible.
At all times we shall endeavour to reallocate the place to ensure that you do not lose the total amount of your costs or at least to ensure you are booked on another day.
Up to 7 days notice (email only)
Full refund, less a cancellation fee of £20 per person
Between 2 and 7 days (email only)
50% refund, less a cancellation fee of £20 per person
Less than 48 hours notice (email only)
Unfortunately, no refund is available
In the unlikely event that Sweet Mandarin have to cancel a course we reserve the right to do so. We shall refund or reallocate as appropriate.
“Sweet Mandarin provides the best quality Chinese catering service and are a pleasure to work with. We have held events with them and refer clients to Sweet Mandarin, who give incredibly excellent food and efficient friendly service. ”
Crowne Plaza 5* Hotel Manchester
“The food was excellent as was the ambience, thanks to the ice-breaker games. This was the best corporate dinner in years.” Tribal Resourcing Group, Newcastle
“This team building event was not only 100% successful but was a unique and unforgettable experience that is still being talked about months later”. The Co-operative Bank
“The food was delicious and served on time. Sweet Mandarin livened up our lunch meetings and we hope to see Sweet Mandarin for every lunch meeting.” PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
“Lisa Tse was one of the most interesting and informative speakers at the Manchester Science Festival. Her event Science+Food = Cooking was sold out and the audience loved her.” Manchester Science Festival